Seasoned IT professional with 15+ years of experience in relational database development and management. A deep understanding of build automation, configuration management, and continuous integration, delivery and deployment practices. Passionate about driving continuous improvement through measurement and meaningful instrumentation. Holding DevOps principles of culture, automation, measurement and sharing as core values.
You can read about a few of my career highlights below.
Mentor and assist a team of Cloud Engineers deliver innovative solutions
Helping companies innovate through Cloud Transformation
Develop, maintain and monitor a microservices CI/CD pipeline.
- Leveraged AWS Cloudformation to codify infrastructure
- Built automation, testing and deployment via Jenkins pipeline
- Ansible as glue-code between layers and as a Packer provisioner
- Docker as the preferred packaging format
- System-level metrics and visualization through Cloudwatch and Grafana
- NewRelic and SysDig to provide APM and trace-level visibility
- LogEntries for log aggregation
Develop infra-as-code under AWS
- Developed Cloudformation templates to spin entire environments up and down in minutes
- Experimented with Terraform as a cross-platform infra-code alternative
- Developed reusable patterns using Ansible / Jinja and Cloudformation
Planned and executed migrations from on-prem to cloud
- Pro/Con analysis of porting products from on-prem to the cloud
- Turned a large portion of “pet” infrastructure into “cattle”
- Wrote Ansible-based Packer provisioners for Linux hosts and SysPrep for Windows
- Implemented last-mile configuration through native bash and Powershell scripting
Extensive experience managing and developing for relational databases
- Managed 1300+ databases across multiple MSSQL failover clusters
- Introduced the team to a suitable version control and release framework
- Mentored other developers in data modeling best practices
- Established the core pilars to start data mining with business intelligence in mind
- Operationalized three major client platform migrations, working closely with stakeholders from all business units
Architected the company’s MVNO program via integration with Sprint and Telcordia
Rolled out our own ERP and fully integrated it with vendors and clients
Developed, hosted and maintained a direct to consumer online retail operation
Planned and supported a 24⁄7, on premises, fully staffed support call center from an IT standpoint
These are just a few of the projects that I’ve maintained over time, either out of sheer necessity or as experimentation sandboxes.